Meeting and Session
- The 1st regular meeting is called on every June 15th but it may be called upon the resolution of the council during September or October in the year of election
- The 2nd regular meeting is called on every November 20th.
- Regular meeting may be called only by the announcement without any separate request.
- Execute the administrative audit over the municipal affairs by the pertinent standing committees.
- For the budget plans and settlements, it executes the preliminary review of the pertinent standing committee and the general audit of the special committee budget and settlement.
- Process other agenda including draft decrees.
- The special meeting may be called by the head of local government body(mayor) or one third of the council members while the chairperson should call it within 15 days.
- If any request to call a special committee, the chairperson should inform every council member of it.
- Listen to the explanations for important issues and discuss the countermeasures(solutions)
- review the submitted agenda such as decree.
Prior to the beginning of the meeting, the material containing the date and time of opening, agenda submitted for consideration, daily agenda schedule in sequence and the related data should be distributed on the de나, and it starts if one thirds of the members registered attend.
On the first date of general meeting starting a session, it should hold a opening ceremony prior to the beginning, where the mayor and the senior officials attends. Upon the opening ceremony, the beginning of session is proclaimed, the notices that members should know such as proposals, submission of agenda and submission of review reports are reported and then, the meeting is held to process the agenda in sequence specified in the schedule. On the first date, the meeting processes relatively simple agenda such as opening ceremony, determination of sessions, minutes signature member election.
Looking at the agenda process procedure at a general meeting, an agenda is submitted, a proposer explains it or listens to the review report of the committee reviewing it, then, it is voted after questions & answers and discussion. If any question is raised, the chairperson of a committee reviewing the agenda or a member reporting it should give supplementary explanation; in case of suggestion explanation, the member, who proposes or suggests it, answers it; in case of discussion, it is progressed in good order of pros and cons. Upon the discussion, it is proclaimed to vote.
Voting is the final process of reviewing an agenda to determine its acceptance by comprehending the pros and cons opinions and the methods contain objection(unanimity), raising hands, standing, secret and open vote; if there is any objection discussion, almost general agendum are processed by standing vote. If there is little pros and cons discussion, or questions, it takes unanimity method. In addition, for voting method, if there is any resolution at a general meeting by the chairperson's request or the consent of members, it may be processed by the resolved method; kinds of elections executed in a council basically adopt secrete vote.
Except for special agendum, the general agendum are determined by majority attendance and majority consent; the chairperson has also one vote but in case of a tile, it is regarded as rejection. Once daily agenda schedule completes, the meeting adjourns after notifying the next session's time and date.